Thursday, December 11, 2008

Up Late

So I've been pretty good about going to bed early enough to get a decent amount of sleep this semester. I'm usually in bed around 12:30 and up at 7:30 or 8, so thats about 7-8 hours of sleep, which I think is pretty decent.

Well, last night was different. (Today being the very last day of classes for the semester might have had something to do with it. But it was mostly just randomness.)

Annie had an art project that she needed to have done this morning. It involved the same sort of weird creepy awesome style that is hers... (It looks like she mostly has photos on here, but there are also some weird creepy awesome drawings: http://annstinator.deviantart.com/gallery/#_featured)

So anyway, Annie was doing this art project which had a bald lady with a bird draped over her head instead of a wig. She wanted to do another person with some other kind of animal draped over it--maybe a fox or something. She didn't really make alot of progress on the drawings. I was just doodling, drawing nothing in particular, so I decided to try my own version. So I did a quick doodle:

Photobucket

It was somewhere between one and two in the morning. I was kinda chuckling to myself after drawing it. But I didn't stop there. Tired and amused, I did another drawing:



I was chuckling to myself as I finished it. Annie looked over and... well, anyway, the drawings were a hit ;-). Since I'm not normally one to draw random weird things like these, all I can say is it was getting pretty close to two in the morning and I was looking at Annie's awesome weird drawings.

And, just by the way, I did get to bed at 2:30ish. And it only took me an hour or two to get to sleep. And I did go to class this morning and pay attention and take notes and stay awake.

The End.

Birthday Countdown: 3 days!

1 comment:

Deedles said...

yes yes YES!! I love late nights of crazy artwork!